NOTE – WE ARE NOT PROCESSING ANY NEW APPLICATIONS UNTIL 8TH FEBRUARY 2016 – Please submit applications after that date. Thank you.
If you would like to apply to to become a Servants of the Light student, the process is as follows:
- Download and study our Guide and Introductory Lesson.
- Download the Student Application here. Please note that this application may change from time to time: if you are considering applying for enrollment, please make sure you submit the latest application form. The most recent update was in March 2015.
- Complete the application.
- Please complete every question and section on the application. Incomplete applications will not be forwarded for review.
- Please use the form provided. It is a standard MS Word document and should be accessible to anyone. If you have an issue with the form, please contact SOLLessons@gmail.com.
- DO NOT copy questions onto an email and answer them there. Our Director of Studies reviews all completed applications. Because of her busy schedule, she needs to be able to review them quickly and efficiently.
- Most students apply to study Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki’s Foundation and Main Course – be sure to let us know if you are applying to study the original W.E. Butler Course (50 Lessons) which has its own foundation (6 Lessons).
- Return your application to SOLLessons@gmail.com. Be sure to save a copy for yourself. You will receive an email acknowledgment of your submitted application.
As you go through the application process, please be aware of the following:
- SOL is a not-for-profit organization that is run completely by volunteers.
- We aim to deal with enquiries quickly and efficiently, and also to process applications as soon as possible.
- However, as we have limited time and resources, we sometimes take longer than we would like to process applications — please keep in mind that we are not a retail company with an army of customer service agents.
- Having said that, you will receive an email acknowledgment when we receive the completed application. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours, please feel free to email us and check on your application.
- If your application is successful, you will be assigned a personal supervisor who will guide you through your studies with us. All our supervisors are volunteers and have been SOL students themselves. They give some of their free time to help others to study the Western Mystery Tradition.
- We charge a minimal fee for SOL lessons, and monies from this go towards the administrative running of the school. The lessons are learning materials that you need to purchase to study with us: we do not charge tuition fees for the teaching and personal supervision you will receive as a student.
- SOL lessons currently cost £9.95 (Sterling) per lesson. They are purchased and downloaded from our online store, to which all students are given access upon acceptance into the school.
- Lessons can only be paid for by PayPal. We do not accept any other form of payment. We do this to keep SOL’s admin costs down, and the student is not surcharged by this mechanism: SOL pays the “merchant fee” to PayPal. Note that you do not need a PayPal account to make these payments: PayPal also enables one-time payments without a PayPal account.
Thank you for your interest in the School. We look forward to hearing from you.
How long will it take for me to receive an answer once I have submitted my application?
- Normal wait time is 2-3 days, but the process can take up to a week depending upon Dolores’s schedule and the schedule of the Volunteers who handle the process. You may check on the progress of your application by emailing: SOL.Admit (at) gmail.com.
If I am accepted, how long before I can begin the course?
- Securing a Supervisor for you may take up to 7-10 days from your acceptance. You may check on the progress of your application by emailing: SOL.Admit (at) gmail.com.
- You may begin once you are in touch with your Supervisor.
Who will see my application?
- Your application is reviewed our Director of Studies and two members of the ARC: Steve Critchley, and Patricia Giacquinta.
- If accepted, your application is forwarded to one or both of two administrative volunteers who then forward it to potential Supervisors for review.
- Applications are then filed in a secure online location accessible only to the ARC and the volunteer administrative team.
- Everyone involved in handling your application is aware that the information you supply is confidential and not to be shared in any way.
What is the cost of lessons?
- All lessons are £9.95 GBP. (British pounds) Please check current exchange rates for your country.